Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New News

Since my last blog I have changed a few things, I switched doctors. Crazy I know, at 36 weeks who does that?? BJ took me out for date night at Outback, before that I had been contracting the whole day and the day before so during dinner it didn't really catch my attention that i was contracting so often. But as the evening wore on they got more intense and more frequent. I mentioned it to BJ and he started to time them. I was contracting every 8 min. I didn't really feel like I was going into labor, but as I laoded my big bum into the truck I had one that took my breath away. I feel like i handle the contractions pretty well, they aren't comfortable and you can't really ignore them but I don't stop traffic every time I have one. The one I had in truck ripped through me, up through my back and in my belly. I had NEVER had one like that. So BJ and I decided to just go to the hospital and be on the safe side. So off we went and checked in and the nurse hooked me up to monitors. She asked me a bunch of questions and I decided to tell her about how hard of a time I was having with enjoying my pregnancy and that I had tried talking to my doctor about how hard it was for me every day to just get up and get ready, I explained that he didn't really acknowledge my admission and so I just dealt with it myself. The nurse was really great and suggested that I switch doctors. I really didn't want to switch doctors because I do not like hurting peoples feelings, believe it or not... and the doctor that the nurse was suggesting was a doctor that worked in the same office as doctor Dinger. The more we talked about it though BJ and I decided that it might just be the best thing.
   The nurse told me I was just having braxton hicks and that my cervix was still closed :/ I was super bummed. She sent in a social worker to talk with me to make sure I was suicidal (I felt so stupid!) after he decided I wasn't a hazard to myself and my child, we were set home. I felt slightly stupid for going to the hospital cause I didn't want to be one of those girls who at every bump I freaked out but Im really glad that I did because the next day I called and cancelled my apt with Doctor Dinger and set one up with Doctor Twelves, the following Monday I went to my apt and Loved her! She asked questions and listened and helped me figure out things that my other doctor just brushed off. I will now got an IUD, and start an anti depressant right after the birth just to be on the safe side. She had my blood drawn to see if I was low on anything. Two days later her nurse called me and let me know how everything turned out, I was very low on Vitamin D. I was so impressed that she had someone call me and let me know. my other doctor never called me or let me know how things were going. I had to have my sister make a list of things for me to ask him because I didn't know what I should know by now.  So I now have a new Doctor and I am really happy. She  also asked me if I would like to be induced. On Monday we set the date of February 7th. So if I am not dilated anymore we will wait but if I am then Carla will be coming then. :)
 I HATE pictures of me right now but I will post this for everyone else so they can feel better about yourselves.


       37 weeks 4 days.

8 comments:

  1. You look adorable! And I'm so glad you switched doctors. What a douche!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! It can be so hard the last trimester!! Hang in there, your baby girl will be here before you know it!! And it will all be worth it!! Good luck and I hope Carla(cute name by the way) decides to come very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy you are gorgeous. Yay for anti-depressants! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! jenna, im not naming her carla, but cody named her that awhile back and it has just kinda stuck. we will probably name her carli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy I love you...you are beautiful...I wish I was your nurse. I'd even go home with you and take care of you!!! It will be soon...I hope you go in to labor before you're induced!!! Can't wait to hear the exciting news...

    P.S. Friday would be an ok date...my birthday!!

    Love; Arlee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures! glad you switched doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look great and you will be happy you have these pics!!!

    ReplyDelete