Friday, June 17, 2011

Carli Layne Millar

  Wow, I warned you all how amazing I am at this, with that being said let me catch you up. I had the baby. ha.SURPRISE!! We named her Carli Layne Millar. She was 8 pounds 1oz, 20in, born at 10:02 am on February 16, 2011. 
   The night of the 15th Trevor and April, (BJ's younger brother and wife) took us to a fun little mexican restaurant in Draper, something to take my mind off going on my 5th day over my due date. We were enjoying a nice evening out while I was quietly timing my contractions. I know, real tactful but I was so ready to get her out. I told BJ as we were leaving that I thought I was starting real labor. We returned home, did our usual night routine and climbed into bed. I timed five min apart till about 3:00 am, at that point I was so tired of dealing with the contractions, not sleeping and the pain was growing more intense with every hour. I had started to walk around the apartment (all 700 sq ft) at midnight. I finally woke Bj up, said it was time for my epidural and off we went. 
  Once checked in and hooked up we had to wait an hour and a half to see if they would admit me. (about 4-6:00 am) This was a very fun time.. no actually it wasn't, just kidding. The nurse came to check me and I was only dilated to a 3. (what I started at an hour before) It was looking like they were going to send me home. 
 A half hour later the on call doctor came in to take a look and talk with BJ and I about the progress or lack thereof. He was very nice, said I could probably go home and labor more on my own but the baby's heart beat was dipping significantly with every contraction so he wanted to admit me to keep an eye on it. So happy. Next question, sooo when can I get my epidural? I'm a pansy, I'm ok with that. 
  At 8:00 am I was check in, drugged up, water broken and sleeping peacefully, the way all labors should go if you ask me. The doctor came in at 9:00 am, said that I needed to have a C section. YEAH!? Thats what I was thinking, a little rash, maybe uncalled for?? I don't know. I said, Wait wait wait, seriously? No! I will labor for longer and do this naturally. (I didn't wait 5 days after my due date to have her C sectioned anyway.) I started crying, hysterically, embarrassingly. They prepped me, gave me more drugs, dressed up Beej and wheeled me off at 9:20 am.


      At 10:02 am Mommy wasn't the only one crying. Carli, probably smiling, then spanked to make cry, made her grand appearance. They cleaned her up and put me back together, 30 min later I finally got to hold my baby girl. I would like to say that it just felt right, like I was made for this but it was SO weird! different maybe the better word? I was given the best job I've ever had that day. Through this pregnancy I have been weakened, dependent, and humbled. I would never give it back for the lessons and miracles that are now mine from this wonderful trial, adventure and miracle that Heavenly Father trusted and blessed me and my family with.




  Now to let you know why I had to have the ridiculous C section. During the pregnancy, early on, Carli the gymnast spun a web with all her jumping, flipping and spinning resulting in a very tight shoe lace knot in her cord. I know what your thinking, you've heard lots of stories where the cord is wrapped or knotted around the baby, but when I say shoe lace knot, i mean it is not touching the baby at all, it is in the cord and the cord alone. It was so tight that if I had gone vaginally my Carli layne would not have been here with us. She would have suffocated coming down through the birth canal. I'm ok with the C section now...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think I would go for the C-Section too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I finally get to hear the birth story! I'm so terribly wonderfully happy for you Stacy <3

    ReplyDelete