Thursday, November 4, 2010

Skimming the Surface

I know that i haven't done a great job keeping up with my blog and i swore i'd do a better job of keeping up if i started one but i have to be honest I've avoided writing because I've had a hard time trying to find things to be happy about. I've decided i will write about everything that has gone on and put the happiest twist on it i can :)
I had my surgery, and it went well. very well, My stitches healed within the month and only one gave me trouble and even then None of them are as big as the picture I posted. The inside healing wasn't bad either, my abs were sore for about 5 days but after that I could get about pretty easily. It did not however fix my morning sickness. I will be 26 weeks tomorrow and I still have it. I threw up the peach Jello I made for BJ and I for movie night last night. I'll tell you on thing, I will not miss pregnancy!! It has been THE hardest physical experience I've EVER had to go through. It has however been the greatest blessing for BJ and I and relying on each other. Our relationship has grown threw every rough or tough time as we've learned to communicate and understand where the other person is at, because although I feel like I'd rather be dead and it's "so hard" for me, I have realized that it is equally as hard for BJ in other ways. He lives with the devil almost 24/7 ha and he doesn't snap back or tell me to suck it up, he just rubs my back and asks what he can do even though every time I say "nothing" and start crying. I'm ridiculous!
The week following the surgery BJ and I got to find out the sex of the baby. That would have been week 19. My parents came down from Idaho for the ultra sound. We could only have a small amount of people in the room because it was so small so besides BJ my parents also got to go in. My sister Amanda Cody and Cade had to wait outside, but I appreciated her being there for support and at the end I asked if we could switch out my dad for her so she could see too. So in the end everyone got to see.. Our little Girl. :) They had a hard time finding the her sex because she had her knees sealed shut :) thats my little lady. It has taken me awhile to feel connected to her and I felt really guilty about not caring about the sex or about really anything that had to do with her. I think I blamed how I felt on her and if it wasn't for her I would be up and about living life like I had before she came along. I since then have started to feel a little better and have been able to enjoy her more.
BJ and I went up to Nampa for Halloween. It was grandpa Bryce's 80th birthday so there was a lot of family hoopla going on and the weekend was a very nice getaway. We got to spend some time with my parents and I got to do my moms hair. The poor lady hasn't had her hair done since right before BJ and I got married in Feb. haha It was nice to actually be able to do hair again, I forgot how much I love what I do.
Next week BJ and I get to fly out to Portland for my family's Thanksgiving. Every year we go out to rock away beach to go crabbing and clamming and we rent out a restaurant on the port and have Thanksgiving. Its the best!! I really hope that I can enjoy myself and not be too sick. On the flight to Boise last weekend I threw up on the plane, not too fun. So anyway I'm getting excited for the up coming months! They will be busy and hopefully filled with loads of fun.
I will try to do better on keeping up with everything so that its more up to date and I can have more detail instead of just skimming the surface.

2 comments:

  1. BJ reminded me of David! Poor things... :P

    I didn't realize how much having a baby would test my relationship with David. I thought it would make it like, even BETTER because such an exciting thing was happening, you know? YEAH RIGHT!! Then the baby arrived and it got even harder, sheesh.

    I will say though that working through the challenges truly made us stronger as a couple, especially going through them so early on in the marriage. I think you and BJ are going to be amazing. <3

    Have fun this Thanksgiving! Oregon Coast is the greatest. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you doing hair to. (I miss YOU you way more tho) I try to go to other girls and it's just not the same. It just couldn't be. What we had was magical. It make me want to go back to virgin untouched uncolored hair again cause all the fun and laughter is gone. I'm so glad BJ is taking such good care of you and you guys are getting on so well. He loves you so much. You guys are gonna have a perfect family.

    ReplyDelete